Friday 19 February 2016

Siphiwe Tshabalala reveals assists target


Photo credit: www.kickoff.com

According to KickOff online magazine, Kaizer Chiefs captain Siphiwe Tshabalala has revealed he has set a target of 20 assists for the season, and he is more than halfway there already.

Tshabalala has continued to stamp his influence in the creation of goals with 12 assists to date in all competitions.

Ahead of the litmus test that will be provided by the Stuart Baxter-coached SuperSport United at their adopted home at Cape Town Stadium, ‘Shabba’ discloses to KickOff.com his personal target for the season.

Siphiwe Tshabalala was quoted saying:

“I always take note of that because it defines a huge part of my game,” he chuckles upon being asked about having been the main supplier of goals.

“It gives me pleasure whenever I contribute by way of an assist. For me it is always important to play a role towards the success of the team and in my position that calls for me to assist in the making of goalscoring opportunities.

“Actually, I had a meeting with our video analyst at the beginning of the season and I made it known to him that my target for the season is to get to 20 assists. I have managed 12 so far since I contributed with another assist on Sunday in Comoros so I think I am well on track to achieving that mark.

“I will have to keep working hard for the team to make sure that I eventually reach my target. I need eight more now.

“Unfortunately goals have not been forthcoming for me because I only have two but then assists are important for me. If the game ends and I haven’t contributed with an assist I definitely don’t get the best feeling.”

No comments:

Post a Comment