Tuesday 16 February 2016

George Lebese: I’m not on Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo level



Photo credit: taungdailynews.wordpress.com


According to KickOff.com, Kaizer Chiefs midfielder George Lebese admits that he is not yet at the level of his idols Neymar, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Lebese, currently sidelined with a niggling groin problem, is still Chiefs’ top scorer this season with eight goals after he started the campaign on fire.

He also has five assists to his name, the second-most in the Amakhosi team behind Siphiwe Tshabalala on 12.

Questioned about what he is doing to improve his game, Lebese is honest, and says he aims to reach a level of consistency produced by the best players in the world.

George Lebese was quoted saying:

“Look, I rate myself against the best players – that is how I grow. If I rate myself against the people I compete with, then I will improve,” he tells the February edition of KICK OFF magazine.

“When I look at my idols – people I look up to like Neymar, Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo – these are players who score week in and week out. Every match they play they give their best.

“I would also like to get to the level where the coach, the team and supporters know that I will give something to the team. I haven’t arrived at that level yet.”


No comments:

Post a Comment