Friday 19 February 2016

Collins Mbesuma not under pressure for Golden Boot


Photo credit: www.kickoff.com


According to Kickoff online magazine, Mpumalanga Black Aces striker Collins Mbesuma insists he is not worried despite his rivals Khama Billiat, Thobani Mncwango and Prince Nxumalo putting pressure on him in the race for Golden Boot award.

Mbesuma is currently sitting on 11 with Billiat, Mncwango and Nxumalo all on eight goals apiece in the charts, three behind him.

But the Zambian international says he doesn't check who is behind him as long as he continues scoring goals and helps his team to reach their targets.

Mpumalanga Black Aces striker Collins Mbesuma was quoted saying:

“I don't check who is behind me, I just want to win every week,” Mbesuma says.

“I can't be under pressure, I have been in football for too long now. The only pressure I have is to score and help my team.

“For now I'm also not thinking about the top goalscorer, I will only look at that in the last matches of the league. Now I just want to help the team to finish in second place, third or first because anything can still happen.”

The former Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates and Mamelodi Sundowns striker adds that it’s not about himself but the team reaching it’s goal.

“At the end of the day it is not about me it’s about the team. As long as I score and help the team win,” he insists.

Mbesuma will be looking to continue scoring goals to increase his lead at the top of the charts when he meets his former team Pirates on Sunday at Mbombela Stadium.

“It will be a tough game, they lost on Wednesday and will be looking to bounce back, but we also want to win the match as well,” he concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment