Friday 12 February 2016

Billiat pushing emotion aside


Photo credit: www.idiski.co.za


According to sport24, Mamelodi Sundowns winger Khama Billiat admits that he will need put emotions aside when his team take on Zimbabwean champions Chicken Inn on Saturday afternoon.

The Zimbabwean international has been in scintillating form for Sundowns, having netted eight goals in the league.

He began his career on the books of Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League giants CAPS United, before moving to Ajax Cape Town and then to Sundowns in 2013.

The fleet-footed winger is now looking to help the Brazilians get their CAF Champions League campaign off to a positive start, but concedes that there could be some emotion involved as he returns home for Saturday's match at the Luveve Stadium.

Sowetan Live quoted Khama Billiat saying:

"It's my home country team and I am trying to put my mind in the right place. I am working on myself very hard because I do not want to be emotional," the 25-year-old said.

"I don't want to feel pressure. I want to play for the team and give the performances I usually do. We will stick to our game and I know we stand a chance."

No comments:

Post a Comment