Wednesday 9 March 2016

Pitso Mosimane wanted Bloemfontein Celtic game moved


Photo credit: www.planetsport.com


According to KickOff magazine online, Mamelodi Sundowns coach Pitso Mosimane has lamented the timing of their Absa Premiership fixture against Bloemfontein Celtic scheduled for next week Wednesday.

The Brazilians will turn their attention back to the continental campaign as they host AC Leopards in the first leg of the CAF Champions League first round at the Lucas Moripe Stadium on Saturday evening, without having to worry about a domestic fixture in midweek.

However, Mosimane says he would have loved to face Celtic this week instead of next, due to the hectic travel schedule they face in their tip to Congo Brazzaville for the return leg against Leopards next weekend.

Coach Pitso Mosimane was quoted saying:

“I would have loved to swap,” ‘Jingles’ said after being asked whether he is happy to have a full week to prepare for their home fixture against Leopards.

“This is why: Before the next Congo [trip] going away, I’ve got Bloem Celtic and I’m going away. I know when people listen they say, ‘he’s complaining’ - okay, so be it, but I’m telling the truth; it’s a fact.

“It might sound like a complaint, but it would have been much better [to play] when I’m not travelling because I’m home [in the Champions League].”

The former Bafana Bafana mentor is aware of the rigorous trip they face to Dolisie, where The Beasts from Niari are based, and questions whether his squad will have sufficient time to travel, rest and prepare for their match, which is yet to have its kick-off day and time confirmed by the home side.

“But now, you tell me now, how am I going to get to Dolisie? I’ve got a Wednesday fixture… Ha, guys, I don’t know. I don’t want to talk… I don’t know, I’ll leave it there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment