Tuesday 15 March 2016

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 'promised his grandfather' that he would play for Real Madrid as he rules out a move to PSG


Photo credit: www.empireofthekop.com


According to reports from the daily mail online, Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has reaffirmed his desire to join Real Madrid and revealed the very personal reason as to why he wants a move to the Spanish capital.

The Gabon international has been linked to the La Liga giants after a prolific season for Thomas Tuchel's Bundesliga outfit, Dortmund, for whom he has scored 30 goals in all competitions.

And the 26-year-old has now explained that he would like a move to Zinedine Zidane's side as he has promised his grandfather that he will one day play for Los Blancos.

Paris Saint-Germain have also been mentioned in connection with him but the former Dijon, Lille, Monaco and Saint-Etienne hitman has no plans to return to Ligue 1, insisting that new challenges
interest him.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was quoted on beIN sports saying:
"PSG? That's not my objective, I can't say anything else about it. I can't see any reason to go back to France when I left three years ago."


'Real Madrid? There is no agreement but I promised my grandfather I would play there one day,' he added.

'Why wouldn't I want to discover new things? As I've said several times, I'd like to play in Spain and have good weather for once in my life!'

Aubameyang has previously described running out for Real at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium as his 'childhood dream' but maintains his position that rumours of a move this summer are 'bulls**t'.

The rapid hitman has triple nationality with France, Gabon and Spain, given his French upbringing, Gabonese father and Spanish mother, and could be line for a move to Madrid further down the line.

Aubameyang has helped propel Dortmund to second in the league table, with 61 points from 26 games, just five behind table-toppers, Bayern Munich.

Meanwhile Real, who began the season with Rafael Benitez in charge, have endured a difficult term in La Liga, and lie in third place with 63 points from 29 games, 12 behind leaders, Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment