Wednesday 6 April 2016

Bale Seeking Wolfsburg Victory


Photo credit: www.espnfc.com



According to online Madrid news, Real Madrid are on show in the Champions League quarter final first leg tonight at the VfL Wolfsburg Arena and Welsh international Gareth Bale is targeting a win.

Speaking to realmadrid.com in his own pre game press interview, Bale spoke about the game and whilst he knew it would be a tough match, he was confident that Los Blancos could take the advantage into the second leg of the affair at Santiago Bernabeu.

Having arrived at the club back in 2013, with it being a wider UEFA media interview, he discussed the last two and a half years and his experiences with us so far.


Gareth Bale was quoted saying;


'An incredible experience. It's a big club with big expectations, so I feel that I did good coming here. During the time here, I`ve enjoyed every minute and I think I've become a better player. When I came to Real Madrid I knew the history of the club, I'd seen it as a child. So to have been able to contribute to it is incredible. And we want to contribute more, we want to win more European titles and continue to add more silverware to the trophy cabinet.'

Speaking about Wolfsburg more specifically as tonight's opponents, he went on to say.

'We knew that any team that made it to the quarter-finals would be difficult. We're looking forward to playing. We're going to go out to win both games and hopefully we can.'

With his first season seeing la Decima, that figured in the questioning.

'The fact we won, the celebration - I think about the relief. I think we'd not won the Champions League for 12 years. I remember when I signed for Real Madrid the president said to me that he'd brought me to win la Décima. It was nice that we won it in my first season and hopefully we'll win more.'

That of course brings its own pressures.

'I try not to look at it like that. People expect a lot from you because of the price paid and all that, but I try to concentrate on my football every day and on what I do in training and in the games. Of course there are ups and downs, but the important thing is how you react to them. I think that I've improved in every aspect of my game. Lots of things have been good for me. The Premier League is more about attacking from one end to the other and La Liga is more possession based. I can see that I've improved the possession side of my game and also my finishing.'

With Bale having had an injury hit season this year, and his absence contributing to what has been a difficult La Liga campaign, he was just looking forward now with Champions League success a real possibility.

'It's been a bit of an annoying season, with little injuries interrupting my form, especially when I was playing well. Regarding the objectives, we're a bit behind in the league, but in the Champions League we know that we are in a good position and we're going to fight as much as we can in each game. Hopefully that will take us to where we want to be.'


No comments:

Post a Comment